Without the life of faith we cannot please the invisible God (Hebrews 11:8). We need faith to be able to live a successful life and to be victorious in the battles of this life. We need faith to secure our eternal inheritance and run our earthly race to the end. Part of pleasing God is worshipping Him acceptably. The bible says God is a spirit and those that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. It takes faith to give offering and to give it willingly, to sing with all your heart and believe God is hearing you. It is the faith that we have that makes all the things we do as Christians meaningful.
What is the life of faith? Hebrews 11: 1 defines faith as the substance of the things you are hoping for, the assurance or confession of things you do not see. Romans 4:17-18 says faith is calling those things that do not exist physically as though they exist physically. It also says faith is having hope even though the situation looks hopeless. Faith is not working by sight. God spoke to Abraham that he will be father of many nations even though he was advanced in years. Abraham believed God even though he did not have any reason to believe God.
Faith affects the totality of our lives. The life of faith:
- is a life of dreams and imaginations. Someone living by faith is always dreaming of great things that can be done within the plan and the purpose of God for his life. Mark 11:23 says if you do not doubt you will have what you say. Most of the time what we dream is what we say.
- is a life of possibilities. When you live by faith you do not ever believe that anything cannot happen. Someone living by faith does not believe that anything cannot be done (Mark 9:23). The reason why we are not great achievers is because we see some things as impossible. If you can believe, all things are possible.
- is a life of positive confession (Hebrew 10:23). Saying positive things in line with the word of God even though you cannot feel it nor see it is a life of faith. Sometimes we have to say things against our feelings, what we can see and even what we hear.
- is a life of action. Faith without work is dead. It is one thing to believe, it is another thing to act on what you believe. You have to act on your faith.
- is a life that cannot be repressed. To repress someone is to limit the person.
- is a life that cannot be discouraged, deterred or hindered.
- is to believe what God has said about you.
What are the things that inspire faith?
- The knowledge of who God is.
- Knowing God’s word and His promises towards us.
- Personal active relationship with God.
- The knowledge of what has been or what has happened before. That is why we give testimonies.
Faith is inspired when we have peace within us and peace with our neighbour. The bible says we should forgive anyone that has offended us. It is linked to faith. You will never live by faith if you do not forgive.